Nobilis® CAV P4
Nobilis CAV P4 is a live attenuated vaccine against Chicken Anaemia Virus.
Active components per dose:
Live CAV virus strain 26P4: >= 3.0 log10
A freeze-dried pellet.
Vaccination of chickens against chicken anaemia from 6 weeks of age onwards until 6 weeks prior to the onset of lay.
The vaccine can be administered to chickens from 6 weeks of age onwards. To make sure that adequate antibody levels are present before laying commences, breeding stock needs to be vaccinated at least 6 weeks before the onset of lay. Vaccination against CAV can be combined with vaccination against Reo-live or inactivated viral vaccines (intramuscular or subcutaneous route) or with vaccination against Fowl Pox (wingweb route) or with vaccination with Nobilis AE + Pox.
0.2 ml per bird.
Method of administration
- Reconstitute the vaccine in Intervet’s diluent Dilavia, using 200 ml per 1000 doses.
- Administer 0.2 ml of the vaccine by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
For the wingweb method.
- Reconstitute the vaccine in Intervet’s diluent Unisolve, using 13 ml per 1000 doses.
- Dip the double needle into the vaccine solution so that both grooves are filled, before vaccinating each bird. Insert the needle through the wingweb from beneath.
For use with inactivated vaccines.
- Reconstitute the vaccine in 2 ml of Sterile Phosphate Buffered Saline and add this to the inactivated viral vaccine, shake the vaccine well before use.
Boxes of vials each containing 1000 doses.
Store between 2-8°C in the dark.
The vaccine must not be used in the laying period.
Can be combined with live Reo vaccine (Nobilis Reo 1133), Nobilis OVO Diphterin and Nobilis AE + Pox and with Intervet’s inactivated viral vaccines.
Dispose of empty or part-used vials in accordance with local regulations.
- Wash and disinfect hands and equipment after vaccinating.
- Vaccinate healthy birds only.
- The vaccine should be used within 4 hours of reconstitution.