Cyclix® is a solution for injection containing cloprostenol, a potent synthetic analogue of prostaglandin F2a.
Each ml of solution contains 0.263mg of cloprostenol sodium (corresponding to 0.250mg cloprostenol) and chlorocresol as preservative.
Solution for injections.
- Treatment of reproductive pathologies (subestrus, pyometra, luteal cysts and unwanted/pathological pregnancy).
- Improved management of reproduction (i.e. synchronization of estrus and ovulation combined in some cases with fixed time artificial insemination).
- The luteolytic properties of cloprostenol are also used in a number of synchronisation treatments in combination with GnRH or progestagens. Such treatments are useful because they minimize the time needed for oestrus detection, commonly induce ovulation in non-cycling females, generate batches of females calving at predetermined times.
- Induction of calving after 270d of pregnancy.
Induction or synchronization of farrowing from day 113 of pregnancy onwards (day 1 of pregnancy is the last day of natural or artificial insemination).
This offers an opportunity for more efficient and convenient management under a variety of systems:
- Allows for batch management.
- Minimizes farrowing at weekends, public holidays and during the night hours.
- Facilitates supervision of farrowing and inter-fostering.
Dosage and method of administration
Cows, heifers - 2 ml, corresponding to 0.5 mg cloprostenol/animal, intramuscularly.
Sows - 1ml, corresponding to 0.25 mg cloprostenol/animal intramuscularly.
Not required for milk and meat
(National regulations should be observed)
Vials of 2ml, 20ml and 50ml.
Do not store above 25°C.
Protect from light.
After first opening the product may be stored for 28 days.
High standards of biosecurity must be observed when injecting groups of females in order to prevent induction of infection or spreading of infectious diseases between treated animals.
The use of cloprostenol is not recommended during pregnancy, unless abortion or induction of parturition is intended.
Induction of farrowing before 113 days of pregnancy should not be attempted in order to avoid the birth of incompletely matured piglets.
Women of child bearing age, asthmathics and persons with bronchial or other respiratory problems should handle the product with care, as cloprostenol is readily absorbed through the skin and may cause abortion or bronchial spasm. In case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package insert or the label to the physician.
Accidental spillage on the skin should be washed immediately with soap and water
When prostaglandins are used to optimize reproductive management, care should be taken to check cyclicity of the treated females before injection. Injecting them when the existing corpora lutea are over 5 days of age will result in an optimal treatment’s efficacy. Prostaglandin treatment has no detrimental effects on fertility provided females are inseminated at detected
oestrus. A single fixed time AI is not recommended when prostaglandins alone are used for synchronization. Fixed time AI is, however, possible when prostaglandins are combined with GnRH or progesterone/progestagen releasing devices.
Usage instructions and withdrawal periods may vary by country. Always follow label instructions and consult your veterinarian.