Salmon farming has grown enormously over the past decades. Key to this is an excellent level of health control and the availability of safe and effective products for the prevention and control of diseases. Merck Animal Health has been at the forefront of developing those products with the industry.
Below are a few of our key products related to salmon health.
- AQUAFLOR®: Family of broad-spectrum, in-feed antibiotics for the treatment of bacterial diseases in fish cause by bacteria susceptible to florfenicol.
- AQUAVAC® IPN Oral: Oral vaccine for the prevention of Infectious pancreatic necrosis (IPN) virus disease in salmon fry.
- NORVAX® Compact PD: Inactivated vaccine against Salmonid Alphavirus (SAV) for intraperitoneal injection in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar).
- NORVAX® Minova 6: Inactivated, multivalent vaccine against furunculosis, classical vibriosis, coldwater vibriosis, wound disease and infectious pancreatic necrosis (IPN) for intraperitoneal injection in Atlantic salmon.
- SLICE®: Feed premix for the treatment and prevention of infestations of all parasitic stages of sea lice (Lepeophtheirus sp. and Caligus sp.).