Lung Health: Every Breath Counts.
Healthy lungs: that’s the goal of the lung health platform. Because of the multiple roles the respiratory system plays, even minor impairment of functionality can impact an animal’s well being and performance. Helping veterinarians and farmers manage lung health is a major priority at Merck Animal Health. By providing products, services and knowledge, we help veterinarians and farmers provide a thorough and effective approach to maintaining healthy lungs in their herds.
Below is a brief list of our key products and services related to lung health.
- BOVILIS® BOVIPAST: Multivalent vaccine developed to protect cattle against the three most important causative pathogens of Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD): Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Parainfluenza 3 Virus and Mannheimia haemolytica.
- NUFLOR®: Injectable antibiotic containing florfenicol for treatment of Bovine Respiratory Disease in cattle.
- RESFLOR®: One-shot treatment for Bovine Respiratory Disease. It involves a combination of two therapies in one dose: the powerful antibiotic florfenicol to kill or inhibit the disease-causing bacteria Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, and Histophilus somni; and, the fast-acting, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) flunixin meglumine to reduce BRD-associated fever.
- VISTA® ONCE SQ: Vaccine for the prevention of respiratory disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus; bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus (Type 2); and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV) and as an aid in the control of disease caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus (Type 1), parainfluenza-3 virus (PI-3), Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida.
- ZUPREVO®: Long acting, single injection antibiotic (macrolide) to control and treat Bovine Respiratory Disease.