Supporting the production of safe, high-quality pork.
Increasing consumer demand for pork meat not only requires the prevention and control of swine diseases, but also providing solutions to ensure sustainable production of safe, high-quality pork.
Merck Animal Health provides an extensive range of products and services to improve the health of pigs and sustain their well-being. Our veterinary experts and researchers work closely with veterinarians to support pork producers in managing their businesses.
Below are a few of our key products and services related to swine.
- CIRCUMVENT® PCV M: Ready-to-use combined vaccine for immunization of pigs against Porcine Circovirus type 2 and Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae.
- PORCEPTAL®: Supports ovulation induction as part of a single fixed time artificial insemination program.
- PORCILIS® ERY+PARVO+LEPTO: Novel ready-to-use combination vaccines that immunizes pigs against nine different species of bacteria including Canicola, Icterohaemorrhagiae, Grippotyphosa, Australis (Bratislava), Pomona and Tarassovi.
- PORCILIS® ColiClos/Porcoli: For the passive immunization of piglets by active immunization of sows and gilts to reduce mortality and clinical signs during the first days of life, caused by certain E. coli strains.
- PORCILIS® M HYO (ID ONCE): Intradermal inactivated vaccine for the immunization of pigs to reduce pulmonary lesions caused by Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae infection. To be administered with the IDAL® device.
- PORCILIS® PCV and CIRCUMVENT® PCV: Vaccines for immunization of pigs against Porcine Circovirus type 2.
- PORCILIS® PRRS: Live vaccine for the immunization of pigs against Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS). Can be administered intramuscularly or intradermally with the IDAL® device.
- REGUMATE®: Reproduction hormonal product for the synchronization of estrus and improvement of litter size in sexually mature gilts and in sows.
- REPROPIG®: Reproduction health platform for veterinarians, producers and other specialists offering information, services, and interactive tools to improve reproductive management and maximize swine reproduction performance.
- RESPIG®: Respiratory Health Platform for veterinarians, producers and other specialists offering information, services, and interactive tools to improve the decision-making process for managing respiratory complex diseases.
- ZUPREVO®: Broad spectrum antibiotic for treatment of Swine Respiratory Disease (SRD) associated with Bordetella bronchiseptica, Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Pasteurella multocida and Haemophilus parasuis.